Looking to Replace Your Roof? – Here’s How Long It Could Take to Install a New Roof
Is your roof in need of repair? Many homeowners will put off contacting a roofer due to the perceived inconvenience of a major construction project. There is certainly a lot to consider: cost, planning, and disruption of your lifestyle. However, as with many home repairs, procrastinating can lead to additional, more costly damage to your roof and home.
If you’re like most homeowners, your roof is probably around 3,000 square feet, which could take one day to replace. For larger roofs, we typically finish the job in two days. However, a multitude of factors can affect the estimated time of completion.
Can You Live in a House While the Roof Is Being Replaced?
Short answer: yes. For the most part, staying in your home during the replacement is really up to you. At HUF Construction, we’ll discuss the situation with you, so you’ll know what to expect. Here are just a few factors to keep in mind:
- We often start construction early in the morning, and the roof replacement work tends to be noisy.
- If you’re working from home, the work on the roof might disrupt your online meetings, phone check-ins, or other daily tasks.
- The noise could disrupt the regular schedule and comfort of your pets and kids, particularly if they are sensitive to loud noises.
- It’s important to stay indoors for your safety and that of our installation team while they’re working on the roof.
If you keep these factors in mind, you can absolutely stay in your home. You might enjoy getting a sense of how the project is progressing. You’ll also be right there for our team to communicate with if they have any questions about your roof or home.
What Factors Determine How Long It Takes to Replace a Roof?
The timeline for your roof replacements usually depends on a few factors. Here’s a quick list of questions we’ll need to determine as we estimate the timeline for replacing your roof:
- How severe is the damage?
- How big is the roof?
- Is the roof a unique shape?
- Are there complexities in the house or roof we need to consider?
- What’s the current weather (and forecast)?
- What type of roofing material do we need to use (based on your input)?
With taller houses, we need to take special safety precautions, which can slow down the roof-replacement process. Also, if your roof set-up is much more complex than the average house, with many different angles and steep slopes, we might need to estimate a longer timeline.
Your safety and the safety of our team are always our primary considerations. So, the weather can also be a factor. When we face rain or hailstorms, we may need to pause the work or adjust our schedule to ensure we can deliver the quality roof you need, while keeping our roofing crew safe.
Why HUF Construction is the Best Choice for Your Roof Replacement!
We know that having a sturdy roof over your heads is necessary, so we at HUF Construction cover complete roof installations, including those for shingle roofs, slate & tile roofs, DaVinci roofs, and metal roofs. Even if you don’t need a total replacement, we’ve got you covered when it comes to roofing maintenance and leak or weather-damage repairs. Find out more about HUF Construction services for residential roofing on our site!
Call us at (972)903-7763 to get your FREE ESTIMATE for your roof replacement today!